Social Theory and Scholarly Communication
I’m a doctoral researcher at the Department of Information Studies at University College London.
My scholarly interests include:
- Scholarly communication
- The social and cultural foundations of the pressure to publish
- Open access, open science, and open humanities practices and discourses
- Critical theory of higher education and scholarship
- Inequalities in or based on education
- Democratisation of knowledge
- Epistemic injustice
- The philosophy of the humanities
- Cultural sociology and practice theory
Find my most recent article as a preprint here: The Democratisation Myth: Open Access and the Solidification of Epistemic Injustices
Find a list of my scholarly and popular publications here.
Find my CV (October 2020) here.
My PhD is funded and supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council through the London Arts and Humanities Partnership, and the German Academic Scholarship Foundation. Find out more about me and my work here.